Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Review: Good Taste: Simple, Delicious Recipes for Family and Friends by Jane Green

Title: Good Taste: Simple, Delicious Recipes for Family and Friends
Author: Jane Green
Format: Hardcover
Publisher: NAL
Publish Date: October 4, 2016
Source: Publisher



What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "Jane Green’s life has always revolved around her kitchen...
 
... from inviting over friends for an impromptu brunch; to wowing guests with delicious new recipes; to making sure her ever-on-the-move family makes time to sit down together. For Jane, food is enjoyable because of the people surrounding it and the pleasures of hosting and nourishing those she cares about, body and soul.
 
Now, Jane opens wide the doors of her stunning home to share tips on entertaining, ideas for making any gathering a cozy yet classy affair, and some of her favorite dishes, ranging from tempting hors d’oeuvres like Sweet Corn and Chili Soup, to mouthwatering one-pot mains like Slow-Braised Onion Chicken, to sinfully satisfying desserts like Warm Chocolate and Banana Cake."

My Two Cents:

"Good Taste" is a new cookbook by Jane Green. I have read a lot of her fiction books and have really enjoyed them. I had no idea she liked to cook! These recipes run the gamut from delicious starters to decadent desserts. With the recipes, Green doles out stories and sometimes advice throughout the book. The recipes in this book look really good and you certainly don't need to be familiar with Green's other books in order to enjoy this one!

Some of the recipes are Green's own. Some of the recipes came from other places and were tweaked (some very slightly) by Green so the collection may not feel totally original. I really liked that Green included recipes for all occasions. I also liked that she includes some recipes on the healthier side as well as some treats. Balance in everything is so important to me! Typically, I try really hard to eat low carb, high protein because it makes me feel better and I was incredibly pleased to see a few recipes that fit that diet in this book. I guess Green typically tries to eat the same way.

The recipes vary in level of difficulty but most of the recipes seem accessible to the casual cook, which was great to see. This is a beautiful cookbook filled with lovely pictures and I am anxious to start cooking out of it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...