Friday, January 20, 2017

Review: My Fair Lazy: One Reality Television Addict's Attempt to Discover If Not Being A Dumb Ass Is the New Black, or, a Culture-Up Manifesto by Jen Lancaster

Title: My Fair Lazy: One Reality Television Addict's Attempt to Discover If Not Being A Dumb Ass Is the New Black, or, a Culture-Up Manifesto
Author: Jen Lancaster
Format: Hardcover
Publisher: NAL
Publish Date: May 4, 2010
Source: Library



What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "Readers have followed Jen Lancaster through job loss, sucky city living, weight loss attempts, and 1980s nostalgia. Now Jen chronicles her efforts to achieve cultural enlightenment, with some hilarious missteps and genuine moments of inspiration along the way. And she does so by any means necessary: reading canonical literature, viewing classic films, attending the opera, researching artisan cheeses, and even enrolling in etiquette classes to improve her social graces.

In Jen's corner is a crack team of experts, including Page Six socialites, gourmet chefs, an opera aficionado, and a master sommelier. She may discover that well-regarded, high-priced stinky cheese tastes exactly as bad as it smells, and that her love for Kraft American Singles is forever. But one thing's for certain: Eliza Doolittle's got nothing on Jen Lancaster-and failure is an option."


My Two Cents:

Quickie Review: I'm rapidly making my way through reading all of Jen Lancaster's books. My Fair Lazy is one of the few books that I haven't read. In this book, Jen goes on a journey where she is trying to better herself by trying to care about more than just reality TV and other frivolous things. She does a couple things in the book such as trying to learn about other cuisines as well as trying to read more difficult books (always my quest) in order to better herself.

As with so many of her books the best part of the book is her humor that she shows throughout the book. She has a very funny way of writing and as with her other books a lot of parts of this book had me laughing out loud. While this is not my favorite book of hers, her trademark snark is still present in this book. It is still a lot of fun!


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...