Sunday, January 22, 2017

Review: When You're Feeling Sick by Coy Bowles

Title: When You're Feeling Sick
Author: Coy Bowles
Format: ARC
Publisher: Doubleday Books for Young Readers
Publish Date: January 10, 2017

Source: Publisher



What's the Story?:

From Goodreads.com: "Sneezing? Coughing? Taking a sick day? Don t worry, you ll be feeling better soon thanks to this hilarious picture book from Coy Bowles, guitarist of the Grammy Award winning Zac Brown Band. Full of encouraging and super-silly rhyming advice on how to face sick days with courage and a positive attitude, When You re Feeling Sick is just what the doctor ordered! Comes with a sheet of stickers to bring a smile to every sick kid s face.""

My Two Cents:

"When You're Feeling Sick" is a new book with some helpful advice for little ones facing a day in bed by Coy Bowles of the Zac Brown Band. My girls are finally getting to the age where they are starting to understand more about things like sick days and why they aren't feeling good. I enjoyed sharing this book with them!

The story itself is a good one. Everyone can use a little advice about how to best handle being sick without going crazy. The illustrations in this book are great! They are fun and colorful. My girls loved the pictures of the germy monsters especially. The story itself is fun but a bit clunky and lacking a bit of flow. My girls are too young to notice something like that but it threw me off my reading-out-loud game certainly. The story could have been a little bit smoother. Overall, this was a mixed bag for me but the author shows promise through his imagination!


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Welcome to A Bookish Affair. If you leave a comment, I will try to either reply here or on your site!

As of 6/6/2011, this book is now an awards free zone. While I appreciate the awards, I would rather stick to reviewing more great books for you than trying to fill the requirements.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...